Eighty-Second Entry
I will not rant about being mostly alone on New Years, because that is my fault. I could have gone over to my aunts house, but didn't. I didn't really feel alone anyway. I watched the TV and started to pack up my belongings.
I got the keys for my new apartment today at lunch. I did not go there though, because I was told that the cleaning crew was still there, but would be done by mid-afternoon. I have to work today anyway, so it worked out. So tonight, probably about 6:15pm, I will walk in my brand new apartment. I have a garage!! I can just smell and see the paint that the inside is going to take. I will be moving this weekend with the help of mom and dad. There really isn't that much to move, really. Probably 4 or 5 truck loads. Not that much. The one problem is that I haven't transferred any of my services yet(electic, gas, phone, and most importantly, cable and internet). But I really don't care because they will get there when they get there.
So, tonight I will start to move the non-essentials like books, clothes, etc. Great fun. I could like camp out there and pretend I'm rich enough to have two houses...one for my family and one for my mistress...
Any ideas on what I should cook for my first meal in my lovely new home? I'm shake n' baked out, so think of something else Jen.
I am thinking of having a house warming party in February. It will probably be mostly family because friends are so far away(side note: my family are becoming my friends!!) So if anyone wants to come on down for a good old fashioned barn raising, let me know! Hopefully I will have electricity, gas, phone and cable by then. :)
I would really like to do another readership census. Please email me when you read this by either trying to remember my email address or by lazily clicking on the link on this page.
And, if I do decide to have a house warming party, I will send out all the proper invitations. I'll see if I can get a grill by then and we can have like hamburgers or something!!! Yumm yumm!
No comments:
Post a Comment