Two Hundred Eighty-Seventh Entry
Big shout out to Dayni. I just got your SUD. Meet again soon we shall.
I went on a media binge yesterday. And it felt good...
Purchased:
Nikka Costa's new CD "can'tneverdidnothin'". Some very catchy tunes on it, just like the first album, but unlike the first, fewer depressing songs. Excellent cover of a Tina Turner song I've never heard of, "Funkier than a Mosquito's Tweeter". Not quite as good as her first CD, but if she tours I'll be there.
Gorillaz' new CD "Demon Days". Not a bad CD. Best track is "Feel Good, Inc.". That's the one getting all the radio play. I think I like it the most because it is the most reminiscent of their first CD. This album has less of a hiphop feel. More rock. Again not as good as the furst, but if they tour, I'll be there.
Coldplay's new CD "X & Y". Haven't opened it yet. I have heard nothing but good things about this album. Supposedly it is a huge album full of hugely epic songs. I guess I'm just waiting for the right moment to crack that one open.
Jamiroquai's new CD "Dynamite". Ordered it on amazon.com. Not much I can say about that one except that the first single is amazing and the video is just as amazing. It's an import and it is released on June 29th, so I won't get it til after that. The American release isn't til August and I just can't wait that long.
Deltron 3030 CD "Deltron 3030". Ordered it on amazon.com. They guested a lot on the previous Gorillaz album. My brother has it on vinyl and it's a truly awesome musical journey.
In Living Color Second Season DVD. I've seen the first 2 out of 4 disks. Hilarious, hilarious, hilarious. I had forgotten all about "Open handed slap to the mouth". Love it. We must have an In Living Color party sometime. Too funny it is. I'm still waiting to see J. Lo. before she was famous.
I haven't seen Episode III yet, but I am dying too. Earlier this week at work 1 we had a discussion about Yoda-speak. He sounds fancy, without being fancy. Talk amongst yourselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment